Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chloe update

Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated. Getting busy with the holiday season. Chloe's had a nasty cold for about 2 weeks now. She's been in great spirits and even kept her appetite up (usually the first thing to go with her), aside from not being able to drink because of her stuffy nose! Last week Xander and Stacey were both diagnosed with strep throat and even though toddlers are much less likely to get strep, I thought I should take her in yesterday since she just didn't seem to be kicking this cold. I wanted to make sure nothing else was going on. Sure enough, doc took one look at her throat and said "I'm swabbing it!". He still didn't think it was strep because other than the way it looked, she wasn't showing symptoms of strep. But the 5 minute test came back positive, so we're treating her with antibiotics now. Hopefully it'll kill any sinus infection she might have too. So now 3 out of 5 of us are on antibiotics! I'm happy to say, it's been a mild infection for each of them. I'm just so thankful that Chloe's been able to fight this off like she has, almost like nothing's going on. So many of our Ds kiddos are sick right now. I mean like REALLY sick. I read on Facebook and other blogs about ER trips and admissions and even life support, and I am incredibly thankful that Chloe has remained so strong. My thoughts and prayers are with those kids and family that are not so lucky.

On a more upbeat note, Chloe's doing GREAT with her eye patches! She wears them everyday without fail. She's so cute with them on too. She only has to wear one for an hour each day, so it's really no big deal. The glasses on the other hand, are a completely different deal! Too bad she doesn't have to wear the patches all the time and the glasses for only an hour! Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. tis the season for sickness...ugh!
    glad to hear everything is going well...but what's the surprise???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how Jax fights sickness. Ours kids are just amazing. He's had strep a lot the last few months too. Weird!

    ReplyDelete