Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plum Tuckered Out

This is Chloe after her appointment with surgery today. So we have a plan. . . sort of. It involves some waiting and some what ifs and some more waiting, but still, there's a plan.

Since the g-tube site is not really leaking too much we have the choice of waiting awhile longer to see if it will close on its own, or going ahead. I'd just assume get this taken care of so we can get on with life as usual. But she's just had a cold, so we have to wait at least 2 weeks since her cold to make sure she's good to go. She had labs done today (hence the adorable doll in Chloe's sleeping arms given to her by the phlebotomist) so we also have to wait for those to come back since she's been having fatigue. The surgeon also wants to talk to Chloe's cardiologist to make sure she doesn't have any objections (which we doubt). Then the last piece to this ever so complicated puzzle, is ENT. As I said yesterday the doc wants to get in while she's under and clean things out and investigate further whether or not she'll need tubes. He's also getting back to me on whether or not we need a sedated hearing test, which would complicate matters (scheduling anyway) even further. But I have no worries. I expect it to all fall into place.

The procedure takes about 30 minutes, followed by about 10 minutes for the ENT and then another 45 minutes for the sedated hearing test, if that's necessary. So about and hour and a half total if they do everything. I'm not even going to worry about her eyes right now. We'll deal with that in November. I'm not sure it's the type of thing they'd do surgery on soon or it's really something more down the line. And I think they do it right in the docs office. Should be no big deal.

That about does it for the update. Hopefully I won't have much more to report over the next week or so except that her blood work came back great and that we all got coordinated and have a surgery date! Otherwise I expect things to be quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment