Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit

Well, rabbit rabbit. That's what my family always says on the first of the month for good luck. Let's hope it brings some. :)

Chloe's doing GREAT lately. She has recently really started commando crawling. Now if she could just get up on those hands and knees there'd be NO stopping her! She's eager and ready to go! I'll try to post a video soon.

As for eating, well, that's going well too. The past few days she's taken 1-2 ounces of milk by bottle. I just love LOVE the chance to hold her and look into her eyes while she takes in the nourishment, stopping occasionally to coo and babble at me, then continuing on with her work. We snuggle and relax and just enjoy each other's company. It's the moments I've been LONGING for these long month feeding through the g-tube. I've even contemplated trying to nurse again, but at this late stage I'll just be happy with a few ounces from a bottle. We'll also continue to present the cup and honey bear (bottle with a straw) at meals to encourage her to drink in all forms. She's also really starting to take to more "solid" foods, as opposed to just purees and baby cereals. She loves fruits and veggies cut up into small pieces. Docs say she needs to be free from using the g-tube for 6 months before it come out. I think we're still quite a ways off from that.

Well, it's 31 for 21 - an attempt to get bloggers to post every day for the month of October which is Down syndrome month. I will do my best to post daily. . .

1 comment:

  1. Thats great progress. I had no idea she had a g-tube. Duh me.

    ReplyDelete