Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oops.

So much for posting every day. I should have known I couldn't keep it up with everything going on, but I thought I'd try. Anyway, Chloe continues to drink from a bottle most days. She's sporadic about it, but most days takes something. One day she drank a total of 10 ounces! :) She STILL has her cold, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything much. Just lingers on and on. She's a trouper.

My step-father's memorial service was last Sunday. It was absolutely perfect. He would have loved it. Actually, I think he DID love it. The doors blew open right when the service started and then again when the service ended. He didn't have time to hang around because the Giants game was coming on. ;) I feel his presence is strong and I know other family members feel that way too. It helps a little with the great feeling of loss. The service was so amazing. The sun was shining outside and the people that spoke all made us laugh and cry and reflect on an amazing life. It was truly a celebration of who he was and the legacy he leaves behind. I am so proud of my family for the way we've stood together through this tragedy and feel so lucky to be a part of something so special. In this day of blended families, we are lucky that ours is so strong. I love you all!

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me and to us. All the support we've received has been so important.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself for not being able to keep up on the posting! I tried and failed 2 years in a row as well. Last night I got in a quickie post at 11:55 pm. whoo hoo. And i only have 2 children. Sheesh. just "do your best"

    ReplyDelete