Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweating it Out - Lab Results

So the doc calls and leaves me a message saying to call him back that he just wants to touch base with me briefly on Chloe's labs. He says it's okay to have him interrupted. So I call back and he's finishing up with a client so I agree that he can call me back. I KNOW that there is NOTHING wrong, but yet I sit here sweating. The receptionist wasn't even aware he called me, so I KNOW it's nothing serious, but yet I sweat. You know that feeling? That feeling that everything MUST be fine. That you're simply having some crazy reaction. Some sweaty, I'm going to be so relieved when I talk to him and he tells me all is well, reaction. The I know nothings wrong, but I need to HEAR it so I can STOP SWEATING reaction! Well, he FINALLY called me back several hours (and an Ativan) later to let me know that the labs all looked good (see, I KNEW they'd be okay), but that her TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) was a little elevated (meaning she's a LITTLE underactive). It's NO big deal, but could explain the "unexplained" fatigue. We'll need to wait to hear from her endocrinologist (GREAT that usually only takes about a week!). But the good news here is NO scary thing lurking in her blood. She's all good minus a little thyroid tweeking that needs to be done (oh, and yes, surgery on her g-tube and possibly tubes in her ears and possibly surgery on her eye. . . but that's NOTHING compared to what my crazy mind was conjuring!) It's all good!!!! :)

1 comment: