Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Pheonix

That's what I feel like. A phenonix rising from the ashes! Okay, that may be a little dramatic, but I've been sick for the past 3 days and life has felt like. . . well. . . hell. My hubs is not able to take days off in the spring season (he works in lawn and garden) and in fact, works a mandatory 6-days-week, so I was left to care for the three kids while sick as a dog. And sometimes when you're sick your kids can be GREAT - understanding and supportive, but not MINE. At least not this time! They were demanding and bored and just plain old rotten. Oh, and my mom was away through all of this, so although she lives "with" us, she wasn't able to help either. And all this on my birthday weekend. And just when I felt like I couldn't take it anymore, I was woken this morning to breakfast in bed, made by the hands of my 10 and 5 year olds. A handmade bouquet by my 5 year old and a beautiful handmade card accompanied by a beautifully sung mother's day song. I was delivered straight from the bowels of hell into heaven. It was THE BEST mother's day/birthday I've ever had. We continued the day by snuggling in bed, me and the big kids while they gave me alternating back rubs! :) Then we played the Game of Life (because that's "my favorite game"). We followed that up with a nice relaxing bath and then I enjoyed reading all my Facebook birthday wishes. Now we're on to swim classes and more celebrations, as my mom gets back VA. It's a grand day!




Tomorrow I think we're off to the doc as Chloe seems to have an infected toe! It doesn't seem to bother her, but it looks nasty, so I'm suspecting a little antibiotic might be in order. She's also got a bad cold, as does Sadie, but they don't seem to be getting what I had! Thank goodness!

Hope all my mommy friends out there are having as special a day as I am. You ALL deserve it! We work hard for our families. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment