Friday, March 4, 2011

Dirty Little Secret

I have a secret. It’s one I probably shouldn’t admit to, but admitting your problem is half the battle right? My secret is. . . I’m addicted to my kids. I know, that sounds totally corny. That’s not how I mean it. I mean I’m addicted to having kids. Not the physical birth part. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had some GREAT birth experiences and there’s nothing like feeling your own baby move inside you, but that’s not what I’m addicted to either. I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately, because I’m often overwhelmed having three kids, yet here I am wanting MORE! Yes, it’s true, I want another one! (My mother AND my husband are gasping for air right now). So I’ve been pondering the reasons for why I might possibly want another one and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m addicted to the love that I have and receive from my kids. . . from being a mother. Phew. I already feel the weight lifted off my shoulders. So what does this mean for me? Number 4, you’re probably wondering. . . I honestly don’t know what it means yet. I’ve just figured out what it is that I like/love/thrive on. It’s just nice to make a little sense out of this draw I have to MORE kids! And I have to think I’m not the only one out there!

1 comment:

  1. love it! I just hope your hubs hasn't passed out from hearing this...haha!
    maybe a baby in the future??
    and nope, baby lust is huge, and it's because mothering is the most rewarding job there ever could be!

    ReplyDelete