Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Advice?

I'm trying to figure out what to do about Chloe's newest sleeping habit. She rolls onto her belly while she's sleeping, but doesn't lie with her head to the side, but rather she lies with it face down!!! Because of her low tone and the Ds I am just not confident that she will move. She just lies there so motionless. It's so scary. So as you can imagine I'm not getting any good sleep because I'm so worried about her rolling over in the middle of the night. She sleeps with one of us at home and both of us while on vacation, so we can keep an "eye" on her. But I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem? I've heard of the Nap Nanny and know our friend Jax uses one, but I'm not sure that's what's right for us or not. Of course it's just more money to spend too!!! But if it would give us all some sleep I'd figure out a way to get one! Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cali is still treating us well. :) I wish I could post some pics! Last night we got to visit with the best man from our wedding! We haven't seen him in about 8 years!!!! WOW. He looks great!

3 comments:

  1. Because she had the c-pap, does she have a pulse oximeter? That is my safety net that lets me sleep in a seperate room as Jax, knowing if he pulled his oxygen out or somthing happened, it would let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girl still does this and she is going to be five on Friday. I'd be a little leery of adding anything to the bed that could cause a greater suffocation risk. I don't know what the answer is, I just roll her over, even at this age when she gets in that position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any helpful advice...Lacey's sounds the best. However, Ella did the same thing for a while. Once she learned to roll over, there was no keeping her on her back when she slept. And at first I did feel like she literally had her face right into the mattress. But she was still breathing so I just tried not to worry because I too, had heard that any "sleep aids" can be cause for more suffocation. Today, Ella will still only sleep on her tummy but at least turns her head to the side. She NEVER sleeps on her back. And I was good about ONLY putting her on her back to sleep from day 1. But once she learned to roll over, there was no stopping her. But we have also, thankfully, never had any breathing issues so I know it is a whole different story. On a side note.....for a brief hour, I thought we MIGHT be going through San Fran while you were there. Wouldn't that have been so exciting. I was maybe going to go to Oregon for a family reunion this weekend but it didn't quite work out. Bummer!! Hope you guys are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete